Part-Time Rental Coordinator
Camp Artaban has been providing Christian Camping, rooted in Anglican tradition, on Gambier Island in Howe Sound, since 1923, making it one of the oldest camps in British Columbia. Our Mission Statement is to challenge children, youth, and adults, spiritually, mentally and physically in a camping context; so that they may be brought into a closer relationship with God and each other in a loving community.
Camp Artaban (CA) is looking for a Rental Coordinator whose objective is to provide opportunities for the public to rent the Camp site on Gambier Island, to generate revenue through rentals of the CA site and to uphold the mission statement. This is a part-time position which will require up to 20 hours per week.
- Work to promote the camp to a variety of prospective renters to increase rentals
- Ensure website information is current and accurate for rental of the Camp site
- Book all rentals including conducting visits and writing contracts.
- To be familiar with and work within all related CA policies
- Manage the rentals including the coordination of boats, food, outdoor programming, damage assessments and rental feedback surveys
- Hire and train all rental staff while working with the Onsite Director to plan, program and schedule for each rental
- Coordinate the food for rental groups in consultation with the Onsite Director
- Explore, research and create new ideas for programming for rental groups interested in nature education
- Create rental packages and standard menu options liaising with Rental Chair and Onsite Director
- Assess rental rates, adjust as required with the support of the Board
- Write monthly rental update for the Board
- Ensure that Accreditation Standards are met for all groups
The Rental Coordinator is expected to be in the North Vancouver office, around town and onsite on Gambier Island and some of the work will be on a flexible day of the week schedule (i.e. some weekends are possible). This position reports directly to the Board of Directors and the designated member of the Board.
- Hospitality industry and/or related sales experience would be preferred
- Accommodation or booking logistics experience would be a definite asset
- Some promotion and marketing experience will be considered
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of simple bookkeeping an asset
- Food Safe certificate
- Current Drivers Licence, class 5 and should have own transportation
- First Aid level 1
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check
- Keen interest in recreational sports and outdoor activities such as boating, climbing, hiking, camping
- Knowledge and appreciation of the theology of the Christian church
- Ideally live in or around the area of the camp office and Horseshoe Bay for ease of access
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills including both written and oral English communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Strong ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others both inside and outside the organization
- Must be able to plan, organize and prioritize work and take initiative to ensure effectively and timely delivery of services
- Ability to operate any related equipment
- Demonstrated ability to relate to children, adolescents, families and colleagues
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position and lift up to 50 lbs.
Please email your resume, cover letter and wage rate expectation to email@example.com with “Rental Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
The Camp Artaban Society is an equal opportunity employer.
*We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.