Camp Artaban is pleased to offer a unique Outdoor Education Program designed to augment learning by taking school outside.
The Camp Artaban Outdoor Education Program brings students outside of the classroom to our unique 67 acre waterfront property on Gambier Island. Programs are typically Monday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Friday, with 2 overnights, although we can customize a schedule and program to support your learning outcomes. A typical program delivers six “Discovery Sessions”, based on the new British Columbia Curriculum, Big Ideas, Core Competencies and New Learning Standards. Teachers preselect the sessions appropriate for their class from the available list provided by Camp Artaban. Examples could include:
What Makes Us Different?
- We are sensitive to youth culture while encouraging children to ‘be at camp’.
- The rustic setting enables children to forget about city life and enjoy getting messy.
- Camp offers a feeling of being in the wilderness, yet it is within a 30 minute boat ride from the city.
- Our modern amenities nestled in the pristine coast rain forest are perfect for teaching local flora & fauna and wilderness skills.
- With the new BC Curriculum, we are able to provide connections to Big Ideas, Core Competencies and New Learning Standards.
For a more detailed look at our facilities, please click here.
Download the Outdoor Education Brochure here.