Camp Artaban is pleased to offer a unique Outdoor Education Program designed to augment learning by taking school outside.
You will work closely with our Outdoor Education staff to create a tailor-made program designed to suit your needs and your learning outcomes. Our staff are led by professional teachers and are happy to provide all you need for a safe, educational opportunity to explore the world beyond the classroom walls.
While only a short 30 minute boat ride from Horseshoe Bay, Artaban’s wilderness location offers special opportunities for learning about what surrounds us locally in the ocean, the forests and the sky. Less than 1/3 of our scenic setting is used for accommodation and activity, leaving 47 pristine acres and access to hundreds of acres of crown land for natural exploration, outdoor adventure and all levels of hiking.
Camp Artaban Program Highlights
- Spectacular waterfront: canoeing, sea kayaking, wharf jumping, rowing, swimming, beach combing
- Indoor and outdoor climbing walls
- Sports and wide games
- Hiking and wilderness adventure
What Makes Us Different?
- We are sensitive to youth culture while encouraging children to ‘be at camp’.
- The rustic setting enables children to forget about city life and enjoy getting messy.
- Camp offers a feeling of being in the wilderness, yet it is within a 30 minute boat ride from the city.
- Our modern amenities nestled in the pristine coast rain forest are perfect for teaching local flora & fauna and wilderness skills.
- With the new BC Curriculum, we are able to provide connections to Big Ideas, Core Competencies and New Learning Standards.
For a more detailed look at our facilities, please click here.
Download the Outdoor Education Brochure here.